New York Interschool is a consortium of eight Manhattan independent schools known for their high academic standards, outstanding teaching, and traditions of quality.
We run curricular and extracurricular programs that serve students, teachers, administrators, trustees, and parents and link our schools to the greater New York City community.
• Game Theory + Problem Solving
• Leadership Fellows Program
• Frost Valley: A Winter Peer Leadership Program
• Choral Festivals and A Cappela Groups
• Modern Language Immersion Camp
• Service learning and civic engagement projects
For Faculty and Adults
• Ongoing Professional Development
• Interschool Leadership Institute: A week-long summer program that helps faculty of color identify practices that will enrich their teaching experience
• The CARLE Institute: A week-long summer program that works with white faculty on diversity issues
• Ongoing work with parent associations and boards of trustees to focus on issue-oriented special events and speakers
Faculty Diversity Search
Interschool conducts the Faculty Diversity Search (FDS) program which recruits and places teachers of color and other under-represented groups in New York City independent schools. Each year FDS works with approximately 25 member schools and over 50 talented candidates and independent schools. FDS has placed over 500 faculty and administrators in the New York City area.